Could use some luck right now.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use some luck right now.

So, as many of you already know based on previous threads that I've started, I've been trying to raise money to pay for Mom's oral surgery and dentures. Via GoFundMe, I've raised $815 of the $5500 required.

Been spending more time either at work or searching through the garage to list more stuff on eBay to try to raise money.

Well, Dad was in Israel leading a tour group. He left on Sunday earlier in the week. Wednesday morning, he called at 6:30am, (1:30pm Israel time), that he was in the hospital. Apparently he felt faint and went to a clinic. The doctor there transferred him to a hospital in Jerusalem. Dad had internal bleeding which was caused by either a small stomach ulcer or side effects from medications. Before the travel insurance takes care of the expenses, it'll be about $5,000 out of pocket.

We just can't win for losing....

On another note, I will be at the Member's Event, at least to hang out with everyone and have a good time.
    Check out my articles on Motorsports Tribune:

https://motorsportstribune.com/author/seth-eggert/

Does he have the money to pay the people in Israel?

Comment

Originally posted by diecastdan17 View Post
      Does he have the money to pay the people in Israel?
      Thanks to a loan from Grandma, as of right now, yes. But Dad won't be able to fly home until Monday at the earliest because it's Shabbat right now. All business offices are closed until Sunday morning. And the Travel Insurance needs paperwork from the hospital before they determine if Dad can travel commercial or needs a private flight home.

Comment

Why wouldn't your grandma give you that same 5000 before this happened to help your mother?

Comment

Originally posted by diecastdan17 View Post
          Why wouldn't your grandma give you that same 5000 before this happened to help your mother?
          Her second husband (my Grandfather died 49 years ago) doesn't like us because we don't keep kosher.... so Mom, myself, and my sister are the black sheep of the family. Until two days ago, my Great Uncle had no idea Mom had oral surgery...

Comment

Originally posted by MotorsportRevolution View Post

Her second husband (my Grandfather died 49 years ago) doesn't like us because we don't keep kosher.... so Mom, myself, and my sister are the black sheep of the family. Until two days ago, my Great Uncle had no idea Mom had oral surgery...
            Dude you just need a new religion. Come on over to Christianity its way easier. We eat what we want, carry less guilt and have Santa Clause.
            Last edited by Jeff14Ford; April 13th, 2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff14Ford View Post

Dude you just need a new religion. Come on over to Christianity its way easier. We eat what we want, carry less guilt and have Santa Clause.
              Or, make up your own religion, or no religion. lol.
              Last edited by Accolade Racing; April 13th, 2019, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Can I call NASCAR a religion? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jeff14ford View Post

dude you just need a new religion. Come on over to christianity its way easier. We eat what we want, carry less guilt and have santa clause.
                  oh s**t!!!
                  #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Originally posted by MotorsportRevolution View Post
                    Can I call NASCAR a religion? Lol
                    Some do, I was told years ago by a Bible Banger friend Jeff Gordon was my God and I was going to Hell for it. We don't talk much anymore LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post

Some do, I was told years ago by a Bible Banger friend Jeff Gordon was my God and I was going to Hell for it. We don't talk much anymore LOL
                      I was gonna be God, but things didnt work out so I never did it.

Comment

I was gonna be God, but things didnt work out so I never did it.
                        I thought I was God years ago I had a girlfriend that would say Oh God to me over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post

I thought I was God years ago I had a girlfriend that would say Oh God to me over and over again.
                          God is forever....you were only god for 23 seconds at a time

Comment

God is forever....you were only god for 23 seconds at a time
                            Well it was more like 30 seconds but yea your right.

Comment

Update on Dad: He came home yesterday afternoon. The total hospital costs in Israel were about $4,200 (US). He is seeing our primary care physician today.

Comment

Working...
                              X