Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

autographed hailie deegan monster energy win diecast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    List of K&n west champs how many nascar wins form this group??? Lol

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Franklgalli View Post

      You know how many k&n series drivers have won two races in two years? You donít, you know her because sheís a woman and who her dad is. Logic ok tell me another driver with two K&n west series wins in two years that has got this much attention? None what makes her better? If it was kyle deggan no one would be paying attention. She wouldnít get the support from monsters and Toyota bottom line. You missed my argument about dirt I think dirt racers are some of the best. I was saying the other drivers in the field (8 that are rookies) had hardly any dirt experience and thatís her background.
      I never said she was better. There are certainly drivers who have won more that havenít gotten a shot at moving up. Thatís life. Part of it is being marketable to sponsors who will back a driver to move up. She has sponsors to do that. You understand itís possible to advocate that more drivers deserve a chance to move up without dismissing the ones that do as undeserving, right? It really just comes off as sour grapes. Is a 17 year old female winning 2 races in less than a yearís time in Nascarís development ranks getting a lot of attention? Absolutely, thatís because it hasnít happened much. At some point a female will break through in this sport and win at the highest level. Maybe it will be her, maybe it wonít be. When it does though, it will be great for the sport. Youíre making these statements that she wonít win as if itís a matter of fact, which is absurd. The kid has a great attitude, has adapted quickly, seems to have a level head, so absolutely I hope she makes it. The difference between you and I is I understand she may or may not. Youíre throwing out absolute judgements as if you have a crystal ball just for the simple fact that you donít like it that she has the opportunity.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Franklgalli View Post
        List of K&n west champs how many nascar wins form this group??? Lol
        So because it hasnít happened often, your crystal ball has decreed it never will. Got it. Enjoy living in negativity. As Iíve already said, Iím not saying sheíll make it, Iím just smart enough not to judge people before their merits have been tested.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by kwobubba View Post

          So because it hasnít happened often, your crystal ball has decreed it never will. Got it. Enjoy living in negativity. As Iíve already said, Iím not saying sheíll make it, Iím just smart enough not to judge people before their merits have been tested.
          Lol Itís not negativity dude itís being realistic there has been dozens and dozens of drivers with two wins in less time then sheís done it with zero attention, absolutely none but with her people are acting like sheís special but sheís not sheís a chick so everyone is making a big deal out of it. It a guy won those two races you wouldnít even know his name and thatís a fact.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Franklgalli View Post

            Lol Itís not negativity dude itís being realistic there has been dozens and dozens of drivers with two wins in less time then sheís done it with zero attention, absolutely none but with her people are acting like sheís special but sheís not sheís a chick so everyone is making a big deal out of it. It a guy won those two races you wouldnít even know his name and thatís a fact.
            I donít know if you know this or not, but the realistic odds of any driver making it in Nascar are miniscule, no matter how good they are. There are roughly what, maybe 20 good quality seats per each of the 3 national series, if that? You can say what you want, but automatically dismissing someone as a failure when you donít know is in fact being a pessimist. As far as the reason why I know who she is, itís not what youíre assuming. I didnít really pay much attention at all to the K&N series until my driver, Harvick decided to run a couple races. When he raced at Kern County last year, when asked about the talent he raced around, he specifically singled her out because of how she was handling the car. Thatís when I started paying attention. If figure Harvick might be in a better position to judge talent than us in the peanut gallery, just like I pay attention to who Kyle puts in his trucks. Your assumptions about Deegan remind me of the ridiculous assumptions people made about Dale Earnhardt Jr before he even raced in the Busch Series because theyíd already decided in their minds that he didnít deserve to be there. Then when he won 2 straight championships and moved to Cup and won 26 races, the naysayers still trash the guy as if he didnít have a solid career. Itís foolish to decree someone will never make it based on nothing but the odds. The odds for any driver are extremely small, but some will make it with the right backing and talent. One reason Harvick felt she can make it because of her experience driving different types of vehicles since she was 8 years old. You can say youíre not being pessimistic all you want, but youíre the one making definitive judgements about a 17 year prospectís career before sheís barely begun it.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by kwobubba View Post

              I donít know if you know this or not, but the realistic odds of any driver making it in Nascar are miniscule, no matter how good they are. There are roughly what, maybe 20 good quality seats per each of the 3 national series, if that? You can say what you want, but automatically dismissing someone as a failure when you donít know is in fact being a pessimist. As far as the reason why I know who she is, itís not what youíre assuming. I didnít really pay much attention at all to the K&N series until my driver, Harvick decided to run a couple races. When he raced at Kern County last year, when asked about the talent he raced around, he specifically singled her out because of how she was handling the car. Thatís when I started paying attention. If figure Harvick might be in a better position to judge talent than us in the peanut gallery, just like I pay attention to who Kyle puts in his trucks. Your assumptions about Deegan remind me of the ridiculous assumptions people made about Dale Earnhardt Jr before he even raced in the Busch Series because theyíd already decided in their minds that he didnít deserve to be there. Then when he won 2 straight championships and moved to Cup and won 26 races, the naysayers still trash the guy as if he didnít have a solid career. Itís foolish to decree someone will never make it based on nothing but the odds. The odds for any driver are extremely small, but some will make it with the right backing and talent. One reason Harvick felt she can make it because of her experience driving different types of vehicles since she was 8 years old. You can say youíre not being pessimistic all you want, but youíre the one making definitive judgements about a 17 year prospectís career before sheís barely begun it.
              Totally agree all Iím saying is this is a lot of hype a lot more than any drive I could ever remember especially with less than 20 races under her belt. Maybe she will prove me wrong but I donít believe she will. I just believe if this was a young man know one would know his name no t shirt no diecast no monster energy no TRD but maybe she will prove me wrong but until then Iím not going to over hype her like everyone else. She doesnít deserve it more then the other young men who are running just as good as she is with no recognition.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Franklgalli View Post

                Totally agree all Iím saying is this is a lot of hype a lot more than any drive I could ever remember especially with less than 20 races under her belt. Maybe she will prove me wrong but I donít believe she will. I just believe if this was a young man know one would know his name no t shirt no diecast no monster energy no TRD but maybe she will prove me wrong but until then Iím not going to over hype her like everyone else. She doesnít deserve it more then the other young men who are running just as good as she is with no recognition.
                It's no over hype. It's excitement over a young lady that not only won her races,and did it being beat and banged on. Both her victories one on pavement,and the other on dirt if I remember correctly. Came from her having to overcome being aggressively raced. And she didn't back down. Most women in the sport haven't been able to do that. Most wind up in carnage. Danica 2.0 is your right to say. Me I would say not even Danica could have done what she did in her wins. So I don't consider her a Danica. Will we see her in cup? Who is to say. But I also would say this. We don't know how good she will be. I think Arca will be a good test,and the trucks to see if she can keep her edge.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Franklgalli View Post

                  Totally agree all Iím saying is this is a lot of hype a lot more than any drive I could ever remember especially with less than 20 races under her belt. Maybe she will prove me wrong but I donít believe she will. I just believe if this was a young man know one would know his name no t shirt no diecast no monster energy no TRD but maybe she will prove me wrong but until then Iím not going to over hype her like everyone else. She doesnít deserve it more then the other young men who are running just as good as she is with no recognition.
                  Hereís the thing man, and I get where youíre coming from because Iím an old guard type fan thatís having some issues with some of what I see today. I get that there are other young talents out there that are not getting a lot of attention, or opportunity for that matter. In this environment, itís worse than itís ever been. As a fan though, donít be so jaded in being upset at that situation that you have to put down the people that are getting an opportunity. Itís like the Bubba Wallace situation, I hear that stuff all the time about him. The fact is though the kid has talent, a great personality, and people like him. The same is true of Hailie Deegan. I really think that a lot of older fans in Nascar need to learn to be constructive in their criticisms of whatís wrong in this sport, and there certainly are problems, without putting down the good things that are bringing positive attention and potentially new fans. Letís be honest here, Nascar for many years has been portrayed as a fanbase that isnít very welcoming of anyone thatís not a white male. As a longtime fan, I think most of us know thatís an unfair stereotype, but the fact remains is that to many outsiders in the past, a lot of potential fans may have felt they wouldnít be welcomed. Seeing some guys like Bubba Wallace or Daniel Surarez making in the big leagues is slowly changing that. A woman making it to those levels and being successful would be amazing for the sport, so of course thereís a lot of attention on her. Iím pulling for her success though because while some may see it as undeserved hype, you should realize itís a double edged sword for someone like her to bear. There will be a lot of pressure on her to succeed that she never asked for. Itís one of the reasons Iíll always defend Dale Earnhardt Jr when people give him crap unfairly. While some people will look at him and say overrated or undeserving, I see a guy that inherited a ridiculous amount of pressure and expectations that he never asked for.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post

                    It's no over hype. It's excitement over a young lady that not only won her races,and did it being beat and banged on. Both her victories one on pavement,and the other on dirt if I remember correctly. Came from her having to overcome being aggressively raced. And she didn't back down. Most women in the sport haven't been able to do that. Most wind up in carnage. Danica 2.0 is your right to say. Me I would say not even Danica could have done what she did in her wins. So I don't consider her a Danica. Will we see her in cup? Who is to say. But I also would say this. We don't know how good she will be. I think Arca will be a good test,and the trucks to see if she can keep her edge.
                    I think Danica just couldnít adapt to the heavier stock car. If sheíd have stayed in Indy Car, sheíd have had greater success. I give her credit for sticking in it for as long as she did trying, but she shouldíve spent longer in the development side of Nascar. I think that Hailie Deegan will spend a fair amount of time there, I hope she does anyway. If she can keep her head level and not start believing in the hype surrounding her, I do believe she can make it. She is not afraid to be aggressive behind the wheel and itís not a reckless aggression. I was extremely impressed with how she was doing at Bristol with no experience there.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Some of the same negative things was said about Logano, and he sure put all those naysayers in their place...
                      Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by one4smoke View Post
                        Some of the same negative things was said about Logano, and he sure put all those naysayers in their place...
                        Youíre absolutely right, and I have zero problem admitting that I was one of those people back then. The last couple years when I actually took the time to learn more about the guy, I realized most of the crap I said about him back then, wasnít even close to being true.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by kwobubba View Post

                          Youíre absolutely right, and I have zero problem admitting that I was one of those people back then. The last couple years when I actually took the time to learn more about the guy, I realized most of the crap I said about him back then, wasnít even close to being true.
                          So you guys believe sheís on joeys level? Lol Btw I wasnít one of those people Joey was killing the competition. I hope she proves me wrong. Letís she how she does in ARCA.. I donít care what color or whatís between the legs of a driver they all look the same to me when they have a helmet on but drivers should get opportunities on there abilities not on race or gender.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Franklgalli View Post

                            So you guys believe sheís on joeys level? Lol Btw I wasnít one of those people Joey was killing the competition. I hope she proves me wrong. Letís she how she does in ARCA.. I donít care what color or whatís between the legs of a driver they all look the same to me when they have a helmet on but drivers should get opportunities on there abilities not on race or gender.
                            To hear everyone tell it back in the day when he was first coming up, Joey had no ďlevel.Ē Sound familiar?

                            What makes you think that Deegan isnít getting the opportunity based on her ability??

                            Iíll take Kevin HarvickĎs opinion over yours any day of the week...
                            Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by one4smoke View Post

                              To hear everyone tell it back in the day when he was first coming up, Joey had no ďlevel.Ē Sound familiar?

                              What makes you think that Deegan isnít getting the opportunity based on her ability??

                              Iíll take Kevin HarvickĎs opinion over yours any day of the week...
                              Lol I just watched the interview with Kevin he was being nice when asked about her. No one publicly will say anything negative until she in his way. Letís see after she how she does in ARCA.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Franklgalli View Post

                                Lol I just watched the interview with Kevin he was being nice when asked about her. No one publicly will say anything negative until she in his way. Letís see after she how she does in ARCA.
                                Thereís been several interviews with Harvick about her. There was nothing in it for him to compliment her. You sure are a suspicious one. LOL
                                Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X