My thoughts on Lionel right now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on Lionel right now

so I am confusion is Lionel skipping their meds why make a diecast with a Bluetooth speaker they could of used the money for all that and put the quality back in the diecast the best years for quality imo were 2012 and 2017 but now I just wonder Lionel are you okay is business declining is their something wrong like what are they doing at this point the Bluetooth speaker probably isnít even good at this point Lionel I feel like your doecast and Bluetooth speakers are more of a cash grab then a collectible
    I am a Penske fan, Kyle Busch, Daniel Suarez fan and a Matt Dibenedetto fan im a fan of Hendrick drivers to!!!

Thatís what Iíve been saying. Itís like this 3 wheeling car stuff. Itís been talked about over and over and over and over. Itís been getting consistently worse, nearly every car I get has the issue and they act like theyíre surprised when they hear it yet again. No one there takes ownership of any problem and gets it fixed. Itís ridiculous. The Chevy truck decals being done wrong has been going on since that toolings debut and here we are 2 years later and that hasnít been fixed. It really is frustrating because we have no where else to go to get current Nascar diecast. Iíve complained repeatedly about these issues, and others, had an email exchange with their president, and none of it gets fixed. It just keeps on and on. I can tell you, from the brief exchange I did have with their President, the problem starts at the top. He spent more time telling me, the customer whoís had repeatedly defective products, that I was wrong instead of apologizing and trying to earn my business back. Customer service isnít hard, I worked in retail mgmt. We were expected to take responsibility for our mistakes, ownership of the problem, and get it fixed for the customer. I could go on and on, but whatís the point. Nothing will change, and instead of acknowledging the problem, theyíll act like theyíre personally offended at our complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post
      Thatís what Iíve been saying. Itís like this 3 wheeling car stuff. Itís been talked about over and over and over and over. Itís been getting consistently worse, nearly every car I get has the issue and they act like theyíre surprised when they hear it yet again. No one there takes ownership of any problem and gets it fixed. Itís ridiculous. The Chevy truck decals being done wrong has been going on since that toolings debut and here we are 2 years later and that hasnít been fixed. It really is frustrating because we have no where else to go to get current Nascar diecast. Iíve complained repeatedly about these issues, and others, had an email exchange with their president, and none of it gets fixed. It just keeps on and on. I can tell you, from the brief exchange I did have with their President, the problem starts at the top. He spent more time telling me, the customer whoís had repeatedly defective products, that I was wrong instead of apologizing and trying to earn my business back. Customer service isnít hard, I worked in retail mgmt. We were expected to take responsibility for our mistakes, ownership of the problem, and get it fixed for the customer. I could go on and on, but whatís the point. Nothing will change, and instead of acknowledging the problem, theyíll act like theyíre personally offended at our complaints.
      Honestly it would be more worth it to start making are own diecast at this point then mail them to Lionel with a note inside saying quality
      I am a Penske fan, Kyle Busch, Daniel Suarez fan and a Matt Dibenedetto fan im a fan of Hendrick drivers to!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 12PenskeFan View Post

Honestly it would be more worth it to start making are own diecast at this point then mail them to Lionel with a note inside saying quality
        Once Harvick retires, itís 100% University of Racing for me. Thereís some quality doing it right.

Comment

If that's true, I really don't understand how they can answer you that. Without customers, you wonít even have a business at all.

I do understand why they're trying to cut costs, but you have to do it the right way. Cutting costs by decreasing the amount of details to make up for the lower amount of orders they're getting, sure, it's smart. Adjusting MOQ, again, smart. But as business, accepting to sell defective product for so long is an absolute shame. Now, I sincerely understand a defective product might be produced, of course. I also understand producing defective products might happen at the beginning when you're changing a mold. But the same problems after so long, no. That's, for me, the first main concern.

The second concern is however way more serious. Although Lionel always promises to fix problem, they're not. Are they even trying? How can they tell us they're a fixing a problem for like 2 years and the problem still remains? Let's be honest, someone, a department, or a factory is not doing his (or its) job. Where does the problem comes from? They need to identify the source, and make adjustments. They need to take responsibility. Lionel are the ones who puts their name on the product, so they need to take actions. If I was the President of this business, I would be tired to always get **** from my customers for a factory problem somewhere else in the world. I put my name on the product, so it's my responsibility to take actions. If a factory, a supplier, a partner, ... is the source of the problem, just see what the other options are.

If what you said is true, it is really, really bad marketing and communication skills from a company. Do not promise to fix something if you're not sure you can (or even try...).

To sum up: cutting costs, yes, but only if it's done in a smart way. Here, it's not. Management controllers, what are you doing? Overall, I am not sure the people in charge know what they are doing. It's not when it's too late that you need to change something, it's as soon as you identified problems.

Now, on a more understanding side, I am sure it is incredibly hard to fix such industrial problems quickly. But it's the job of a business, what more can I say.
          Last edited by nicolascortinovis; May 9th, 2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nicolascortinovis View Post

If that's true, I really don't understand how they can answer you that. Without customers, you wonít even have a business at all.

I do understand why they're trying to cut costs, but you have to do it the right way. Cutting costs by decreasing the amount of details to make up for the lower amount of orders they're getting, sure, it's smart. Adjusting MOQ, again, smart. But as business, accepting to sell defective product for so long is an absolute shame. Now, I sincerely understand a defective product might be produced, of course. I also understand producing defective products might happen at the beginning when you're changing a mold. But the same problems after so long, no. That's, for me, the first main concern.

The second concern is however way more serious. Although Lionel always promises to fix problem, they're not. Are they even trying? How can they tell us they're a fixing a problem for like 2 years and the problem still remains? Let's be honest, someone, a department, or a factory is not doing his (or its) job. Where does the problem comes from? They need to identify the source, and make adjustments. They need to take responsibility. Lionel are the ones who puts their name on the product, so they need to take actions. If I was the President of this business, I would be tired to always get **** from my customers for a factory problem somewhere else in the world. I put my name on the product, so it's my responsibility to take actions. If a factory, a supplier, a partner, ... is the source of the problem, just see what the other options are.

If what you said is true, it is really, really bad marketing and communication skills from a company. Do not promise to fix something if you're not sure you can (or even try...).

To sum up: cutting costs, yes, but only if it's done in a smart way. Here, it's not. Management controllers, what are you doing?

Now, on a more understanding side, I am sure it is incredibly hard to fix such industrial problems quickly. But it's the job of a business, what more can I say.
            In my opinion, and I want to be clear, this is not a personal attack on anyone at Lionel. Everyone I have ever talked to there has been courteous and professional. That being said, their business practices show a complete lack of accountability. Problems like the ones I have mentioned, and the fact that they still havenít been corrected are proof of that. And if Iím wrong, Iíll let everyone know when I start getting cars in one a regular basis with all four tires on the ground. As far as detail reductions, I didnít really like it, but I understood it was business, and in fact, defended them on this board and others. My point is, whatever they sell, HO diecast with a plastic chassis, or a ultra detailed elite, they need to do a better job of making sure theyíre defect free. I understand in manufacturing, defects will happen, but what weíre talking about is widespread issues and lack of quality control. A paint chip or broken part occasionally, sure, that happens. I understand that. I donít want to come off as unreasonable, because in all my correspondence with them, I have been perfectly courteous and professional.

Comment

In my opinion, and I want to be clear, this is not a personal attack on anyone at Lionel. Everyone I have ever talked to there has been courteous and professional. That being said, their business practices show a complete lack of accountability. Problems like the ones I have mentioned, and the fact that they still havenít been corrected are proof of that. And if Iím wrong, Iíll let everyone know when I start getting cars in one a regular basis with all four tires on the ground. As far as detail reductions, I didnít really like it, but I understood it was business, and in fact, defended them on this board and others. My point is, whatever they sell, HO diecast with a plastic chassis, or a ultra detailed elite, they need to do a better job of making sure theyíre defect free. I understand in manufacturing, defects will happen, but what weíre talking about is widespread issues and lack of quality control. A paint chip or broken part occasionally, sure, that happens. I understand that. I donít want to come off as unreasonable, because in all my correspondence with them, I have been perfectly courteous and professional.
              I completely agree on that, thank you for your answer

Comment

some people you will never make happy if they can do better go for it

Comment

Once Harvick retires, itís 100% University of Racing for me. Thereís some quality doing it right.
                  Dont wait, your diecast future depends on it
                  God and Guns

Comment

Originally posted by jrracer View Post
                    some people you will never make happy if they can do better go for it
                    Hot Wheels makes cars with all four tires on the ground for .97 at Walmart. Too much to ask for a $55 car to do so?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas3 View Post

Dont wait, your diecast future depends on it
                      Iím already buying University of Racing as well. Itís good stuff. Iíll be saving money when Harv hangs it up.

Comment

Iím already buying University of Racing as well. Itís good stuff. Iíll be saving money when Harv hangs it up.
                        true that, he was a rock star in the fusion, Cup stang not so much..

For now, I am just concerned about the expected flooding rain here this weekend
                        Last edited by Texas3; May 11th, 2019, 07:24 AM.
                        God and Guns

Comment

Originally posted by Texas3 View Post

true that, he was a rock star in the fusion, Cup stang so much..

For now, I am just concerned about the expected flooding rain here this weekend
                          Thatís not good. Weather has been crazy the last few years. Hope yíall get thru it damage free

Comment

Thatís not good. Weather has been crazy the last few years. Hope yíall get thru it damage free
                            all good here and worked another day for Smithfield
                            God and Guns

Comment

Originally posted by 12PenskeFan View Post
                              so I am confusion is Lionel skipping their meds why make a diecast with a Bluetooth speaker they could of used the money for all that and put the quality back in the diecast the best years for quality imo were 2012 and 2017 but now I just wonder Lionel are you okay is business declining is their something wrong like what are they doing at this point the Bluetooth speaker probably isnít even good at this point Lionel I feel like your doecast and Bluetooth speakers are more of a cash grab then a collectible
                              That's got to be one of the longest sentences I've ever seen!

But seriously... I know not everyone is gonna be grammatically correct (myself included), especially on internet forums ...but good-grief guy.. at least get it close. You might have the best point in the world, but I just can't grasp it when it's being conveyed to me in that manner.

Sorry.
                              Last edited by one4smoke; May 10th, 2019, 10:16 PM.
                              Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

Working...
                              X