Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

listing on ebay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • listing on ebay

    why do people list a 2001 car as new on there makes me crazy should be listed as pre owned i can handle that there is a harvick elite the only 1 i would like to have black #'s because of dales passing come on sellers

  • #2
    Actually, a car and box owned from that era with no bad box damage is fine. I don't see your point. I am sitting on several from 1999. The sleeve and box are pretty much mint. The car is mint. If it's that case that's fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post
      Actually, a car and box owned from that era with no bad box damage is fine. I don't see your point. I am sitting on several from 1999. The sleeve and box are pretty much mint. The car is mint. If it's that case that's fine.
      I agree. My cars were never displayed and were only briefly taken out of the box for pictures. As a buyer buying an older car. I would consider it new under the same circumstances. BTW Ghost is a knob.

      Comment


      • #4
        When it comes to Diecast cars, new or used for me is defined by the items condition & not on how old or new it is.

        Comment


        • #5
          The thing that is crazy is, if you put "or best offer" on an auction, 98% of the people will low ball you big time. lol.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Accolade Racing View Post
            The thing that is crazy is, if you put "or best offer" on an auction, 98% of the people will low ball you big time. lol.
            i have several 1998 and newer if i were to sell them and mint condition i would list them as pre owned just my thought i'm not talking about price thanks
            Last edited by jrracer; June 9th, 2019, 08:13 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jeff14Ford View Post

              I agree. My cars were never displayed and were only briefly taken out of the box for pictures. As a buyer buying an older car. I would consider it new under the same circumstances. BTW Ghost is a knob.
              Love you too sweetheart....

              Comment


              • #8
                It is amazing how many brand new diecasts are still being found from that era. I have bought plenty of case lots from pre-2008.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mint car, mint box = New

                  I've bought cars for Harvick from 2001+ on ebay, when the tires still have their shine on them it's new.
                  "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jeff14Ford View Post

                    I agree. My cars were never displayed and were only briefly taken out of the box for pictures. As a buyer buying an older car. I would consider it new under the same circumstances. BTW Ghost is a knob.
                    I agree also

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Does ebay have a "Like New" if not I think if the car, box, and sleeve looks new or mint it's okay to list it as new. I think what some people think is new means just made, just released, just put on the market, while others like myself consider new to be never being used and mint condition. BTW Ford is a Bigger Knob!!!
                      #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Who cares, look at it and decide if it's in good shape, most of the time I don't even look if it's listed as new or used


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          not everybody list cars on ebay are honest

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jrracer View Post
                            not everybody list cars on ebay are honest
                            You are right, Jim, there are some shady characters. Goes both ways too. I have dealt with some buyers who really know how to take advantage of eBay's tendency to side with their buyers.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              New doesn't necessarily mean mint.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X