listing on ebay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accolade Racing View Post
    The thing that is crazy is, if you put "or best offer" on an auction, 98% of the people will low ball you big time. lol.
    What's REALLY crazy are these sellers that have the "make best offer" option on their buy-it-now listing, then you offer them just a few dollars less than the buy-it-now ...they decline. WTF?!? Why have the make best offer option if it means nothing?
    Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

you got that right you have to be careful on evil bay unless you know the seller

Comment

Originally posted by one4smoke View Post

What's REALLY crazy are these sellers that have the "make best offer" option on their buy-it-now listing, then you offer them just a few dollars less than the buy-it-now ...they decline. WTF?!? Why have the make best offer option if it means nothing?
        Yes sir. Went to buy a door. It had been on ebay for over a month. Decided ok. I will make a 25.00 less offer on a 400.00 car. Was refused. Counter was 10 less. I was like ok. Can move on.

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post

Yes sir. Went to buy a door. It had been on ebay for over a month. Decided ok. I will make a 25.00 less offer on a 400.00 car. Was refused. Counter was 10 less. I was like ok. Can move on.
          it's for sale for a reason someone needs $$$$$$$$$$$ lol

Comment

Originally posted by jrracer View Post

it's for sale for a reason someone needs $$$$$$$$$$$ lol
            Haha my feelings were hurt,lol

Comment

Haha my feelings were hurt,lol
              i doubt it michael what do you got lol

Comment

Originally posted by jrracer View Post

i doubt it michael what do you got lol
                Haven't shown yet,shhhhhh!

Comment

Now go offer him $50 less.

Comment

It would be nice if buyers offered $5.. $10.. $15.. off the list price, but they don't. They want $50.. $75.. $90.. off the list price, that's a slap in the face offers. People always want something for free, or almost free at that. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kspool View Post

Now go offer him $50 less.
                      I couldn't. Too nice of a car,lol.

Comment

It would be nice if buyers offered $5.. $10.. $15.. off the list price, but they don't. They want $50.. $75.. $90.. off the list price, that's a slap in the face offers. People always want something for free, or almost free at that. lol.
                        I don't see it that way. A best offer is a best OFFER. If it isn't acceptable, so be it. Make a counter offer. It's human nature to want to get the best possible deal as a buyer. It's also human nature for the seller to want to get as much as possible for his merchandise. But don't put options on your auction if you're only going to use them for no other purpose than being a jerk.
                        Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

I don't see it that way. A best offer is a best OFFER. If it isn't acceptable, so be it. Make a counter offer. It's human nature to want to get the best possible deal as a buyer. It's also human nature for the seller to want to get as much as possible for his merchandise. But don't put options on your auction if you're only going to use them for no other purpose than being a jerk.
                          i have paid a lot for some cars and bought some cheap try to be respectful to the seller some time they get back to me if i don't get it always say thanks anyway

Comment

Best offer is a negotiating tool. To me, that means you don't intend to sell for your listing price. Let's say I have a car I would like to sell for $200. I am only going to get $200 for it if someone sees it as a grail and jumps on it because they think someone else is going to snatch it up before they do. Otherwise, I expect buyers to make offers. As a good friend of mine put it, I should not expect to be insulted by those offers. Obviously, I am not going to sell this car for $50, but I should have a price in mind that I think is too low. If I think $190 is too low, then I shouldn't even put the "best offer" out there because that is ludicrous. Maybe my $200 is a pipe dream and I will take $150 for it, but a best offer price should offer some flexibility. This shouldn't only be true for Ebay, but for anyone who sells something and puts "OBO" in my opinion.

Comment

OK... for example, say you're selling a "Brand New" 2017 Richard Petty Autographed Icon Elite (MSRP $274.99 price) for $149.99 with a "Or Best Offer" buyers have offered $50... $75... and $90 for the car. That's wasting the seller's time, and the buyer is being a jerk, not the seller. Even the non-autographed version has a MSRP price of $199.99

Comment

OK... for example, say you're selling a "Brand New" 2017 Richard Petty Autographed Icon Elite (MSRP $274.99 price) for $149.99 with a "Or Best Offer" buyers have offered $50... $75... and $90 for the car. That's wasting the seller's time, and the buyer is being a jerk, not the seller. Even the non-autographed version has a MSRP price of $199.99
                                I understand there are buyers that waste your time, but we were talking about those sellers that are jerks to the ones that put in legitimate offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X