No announcement yet.

Is the Big One coming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBC nightly news said it could last off and on for a year. Perhaps it is time to move away,

Comment

Originally posted by CorkyM View Post
      NBC nightly news said it could last off and on for a year. Perhaps it is time to move away,
      That's normal most are under 4.5 which you really don't feel unless it's centered close by and still it's like being stopped at a red light on a freeway bridge you feel it swaying from side to side but you pay no attention to it. Very few might be a 5.0 or 5.5 which you take notice but they don't last but 5 seconds and nothing really moves other than the building. It's the 6.0 ones that you get a little freaked out thinking is this the big one but like they said it's been 20 years since one of those. Use to be a lot more quakes which is better because it releases energy not having them often is not good. I been through a few 6.0 or greater but only one greater which was a 7.3 and that was closer and knocked me on my a** lol. Anyway been here all my life and can't see moving at this time which I bet the other members on this form who live here would say the same. It's the people who where not raised here and moved here from out of state who I see packing up and getting out that I hear happens a lot after something like this. Heck Chile has 8.0 Quake more often and I do not see them moving to the states that I know of lol
      Last edited by DonCarp; July 6th, 2019, 06:18 PM.
      #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

After my business trip out there this week I am fine if the whole state drops in the ocean and takes Oregon and Washington with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Harkleroad View Post
          After my business trip out there this week I am fine if the whole state drops in the ocean and takes Oregon and Washington with it.
          LOL, maybe I should text you to ask what happen lol

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post

LOL, maybe I should text you to ask what happen lol
            Oh you can move your stuff first Don. We like you lol. It's the crazies that have to go

Comment

I was in the Northridge quake in 94 and was staying in a hotel about 10 blocks from the epicenter. The quake struck at 4:31 and that's a hell of a way to get woken up. The Northridge quake was a 6.7 and we shook for 5 minutes. Earthquakes are no joke. You guys can keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Harkleroad View Post

Oh you can move your stuff first Don. We like you lol. It's the crazies that have to go
                Thanks good buddy I think as of right now AZ would be the next place for me only because there is not a moving truck that I can drive big enough for my nascar s*** so I can't go too far lol

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post

Thanks good buddy I think as of right now AZ would be the next place for me only because there is not a moving truck that I can drive big enough for my nascar s*** so I can't go too far lol
                  But it does have a nice Phoenix race track, and close to Vegas?!
                  God and Guns

Comment

Originally posted by Texas3 View Post

But it does have a nice Phoenix race track, and close to Vegas?!
                    Yea that is true I like Phoenix a lot more than Fontana except Phoenix is a five hour drive and Fontana is 20 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by kspool View Post
                      I was in the Northridge quake in 94 and was staying in a hotel about 10 blocks from the epicenter. The quake struck at 4:31 and that's a hell of a way to get woken up. The Northridge quake was a 6.7 and we shook for 5 minutes. Earthquakes are no joke. You guys can keep them.
                      I remember that one well I worked at Target at the time and was up early to help the stock team unload two trucks and about 10 mins before I was to walk out the door it hit and it hit hard. I lived about 70 miles from Northridge and I remember looking out my bedroom window at my neighbors pool and it looked like a tidal wave swishing back and forth. I remember we had just bought a new tv and two of us had to pick it up and set it on the floor before it went airborne lol Good times I love them what a rush they give but I say that not being in a big enough one that the house comes off it's foundation or a gas line breaks that would not be fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X