Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What version diecast is typically collected the most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What version diecast is typically collected the most?

For the 1:24 scale is it the Elite? ARC? Liquid color? Which ones do collectors go after the most and why?

for me it's elites lc because less made unless it's a auto
    Last edited by jrracer; July 17th, 2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Personally I only collect standard Elites these days. Unless itís Xfinity or Truck of course

Comment

Actually that's an individual choice. Alot of factors. What is the budget?are you a picky collector? What do you like in finishes?

Comment

I think in general it's obviously standard finish and ARC-- that's what has the highest production numbers. It's also the least expensive and most available. However, as Ghost said, it depends on the collector and the audience you're asking. There's a retail niche who mainly collect the Authentics; there are collectors out there who specifically collect older cars; some people collect specific drivers/manufacturers and buy all Elites and ARC's, etc. As with all questions, the answer will depend on who you ask.

Comment

For me, if a car exists in both elite and ARC, I'll get the elite. Whether I get the standard paint or a special finish depends on the situation. I tend to go with standard paint, but I'll get the special finishes if I'm trying to build a complete collection of the driver, or if I think it looks cool.

Comment

Sometimes I buy elites, sometimes ARC.....I used to love special finishes, but find myself going with standard more often now..... autographed over non autographed & the rarer, the better...
              Last edited by Nascar24; July 18th, 2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Race win Elites

Comment

I stay with 1:24 scale and my entire collection is ARC w/ standard finish. For me the decision was mostly due to cost early on but I do plan to move into the Elite models in the coming months.
                  “If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
                  ― Mario Andretti

Comment

Originally posted by Michael O View Post
                    Race win Elites
                    ^ This (at least for me).
                    Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

I collect mostly Liquid Color Raced Wins and Regular Liquid Color 1:24 scales. I get some standard paints and usually all my cars are Elites. Very few ARC since 2018, but I have a lot of ARC 2017 and older.

Comment

This topic comes up every once in a while and I always love to read the response. My all time favorite die-cast to collect have been the Elite's in Standard and race version. My favorite special finish Elite's are the long gone Platinum, Color Chrome (still made), White Gold and Gun Metal. I have to throw in my least favorite which are Vintage and Raw I have bought very little in those finishes never really liked them. I do like the Liquid finish Elite's and have a lot of them but I find it interesting when Color Chrome was the most sought after finish and just a couple of years ago Liquid too over that spot over Color Chrome. I agree with Ghost there are a lot of factors in collecting and I think money is the biggest factor otherwise everyone would buy Elite's they are by far the better die-cast but as you know ARC's out sell them and really money is the reason the now Elite is the then ARC.
                        Last edited by DonCarp; July 19th, 2019, 03:26 PM.
                        #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
                          This topic comes up every once in a while and I always love to read the response. My all time favorite die-cast to collect have been the Elite's in Standard and race version. My favorite special finish Elite's are the long gone Platinum, Color Chrome (still made), White Gold and Gun Metal. I have to throw in my least favorite which are Vintage and Raw I have bought very little in those finishes never really liked them. I do like the Liquid finish Elite's and have a lot of them but I find it interesting when Color Chrome was the most sought after finish and just a couple of years ago Liquid too over that spot over Color Chrome. I agree with Ghost there are a lot of factors in collecting and I think money is the biggest factor otherwise everyone would buy Elite's they are by far the better die-cast but as you know ARC's out sell them and really money is the reason the now Elite is the then ARC.
                          I copied your response and next time it comes up I am pasting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff14Ford View Post

I copied your response and next time it comes up I am pasting it.
                            Does not matter your Ex-Wife got most of your collection
                            #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post

Does not matter your Ex-Wife got most of your collection
                              He still has a 3-D printed model of her. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X