Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What version diecast is typically collected the most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
    This topic comes up every once in a while and I always love to read the response. My all time favorite die-cast to collect have been the Elite's in Standard and race version. My favorite special finish Elite's are the long gone Platinum, Color Chrome (still made), White Gold and Gun Metal. I have to throw in my least favorite which are Vintage and Raw I have bought very little in those finishes never really liked them. I do like the Liquid finish Elite's and have a lot of them but I find it interesting when Color Chrome was the most sought after finish and just a couple of years ago Liquid too over that spot over Color Chrome. I agree with Ghost there are a lot of factors in collecting and I think money is the biggest factor otherwise everyone would buy Elite's they are by far the better die-cast but as you know ARC's out sell them and really money is the reason the now Elite is the then ARC.
    Yeah, Don I'm with ya on the color chrome vs. liquid color. If the race win was a night race, I'll get the color chrome version as well because it most replicates what the car looked like under the lights. Not sure why the liquid color has become so popular. The color is too vibrant for my taste, and doesn't really replicate the actual car in any shape, form or fashion. Again, at least not to me.
    Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

Originally posted by one4smoke View Post

Yeah, Don I'm with ya on the color chrome vs. liquid color. If the race win was a night race, I'll get the color chrome version as well because it most replicates what the car looked like under the lights. Not sure why the liquid color has become so popular. The color is too vibrant for my taste, and doesn't really replicate the actual car in any shape, form or fashion. Again, at least not to me.
      Exactly I always bought the Color Chrome to go with the Standard finish to reflect a day time race and night time. Back in the day when there were not 20 different paint schemes a year the couple of primary schemes would race both day and night races so I bought both. They also remind me of the Racing Champions Under the Lights Finishes which I believe what is the now Color Chrome. I do like a lot of the Liquid Finishes if they really stand out but like you said they are just a made up finish that do not really replicate anything on the track. Not saying the Color Chrome's do but they are close to what a car under the lights might look like in a die-cast.
      #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

I collect 1/24 scale, (earnhardt 1/64) .
        Elites and ARC ,
        love LC,
        race wins,
        U of R cars, they are all standard finish
        Last edited by Texas3; July 20th, 2019, 08:05 AM.
        God and Guns

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade Racing View Post

He still has a 3-D printed model of her. lol.
          of just the good spots

Comment

Elites. Standard,Raced, and LC for me

Comment

For me, mostly ARC Standard for the schemes.
              "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

My RV collection is mostly ARC's; no special finishes.

My Kyle Larson collection was all elites unless Elite wasn't made and I got the Auto ARC version through 2017. I'd pick up a few Auto'd CC ARCs if it passed the eye test and had a low production run.

When they gutted the Elites (my opinion) I quit collecting them at all. Actually I've only bought 1 Larson car since Jan 2018, and just took my price decrease for the ARC's to keep up my attended race wins collection.

Attached: my attended race wins collection. Missing only 1 Cup car; and around 20 combined trucks and Xfinity cars.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by brsteg; July 24th, 2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott9 View Post
                  For the 1:24 scale is it the Elite? ARC? Liquid color? Which ones do collectors go after the most and why?
                  Elliott9 For this cat-daddy, I never had a preference over the years, for 1/24th scale diecasts except for the pre/post bankruptcy brands of MAAXESHUNLIONELRCCA, in which I only collected ARC'S. Rarely purchasing Elites, and even more rarely, special finishes. Now that I've been in a good position financially, I've gone on my ARC2ELITE quest (still with zero concern for special finishes) the past few years, replacing my existing ARC cars with their RCCA ELITE counterparts. And literally giving away EVERY SINGLE ARC car I've owned to the good members of DIECASTCRAZY.COM free of charge to those who've asked... Moreover, I've seen no shame whatsoever in collecting Racing Champions - - All SKU's. Revell in some instances, Team Caliber - - All SKU's and Checkered Flag Sports - - All SKU's. To me, it's what's best for my collection. It's never been about me "keeping up with the Joneses..." Door numbers? Prototypes? Samples? Pffft. While some go all gah-gah about that stuff, in the end it's just bragging rights.

Oh and I'd be remiss I didn't mention the magnificence of the University of Racing Legends cars... Right Chris? Texas3

The common denominator on my collection? DODGE/PLYMOUTH/MOPAR. Driver is unimportant to me.
                  Last edited by MoparBob; July 24th, 2019, 10:29 PM.

MoParOrNoCar
                  THE COLLECTION

Comment

ARC = Standard clean versions
                    ELITE = Raced Versions

'Martin Truex Jr Fans' [Fb Group]Instagram

Comment

Working...
                    X