Hailie Deegan's social media value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hailie Deegan's social media value

Even without running a national series race yet, @HailieDeegan is already ranked No. 5 out of all NASCAR drivers in social media value this year, and she's No. 82 in the world for women in sports, per @MVPindex.

In terms of social engagement, Deegan is No. 2 in all of NASCAR.

Highest-followed active NASCAR driver accounts on Instagram & YouTube:
    Instagram: -Hailie Deegan: 452K
    Jimmie Johnson: 431K
    Kevin Harvick: 312K
    Chase Elliott: 298K
    Kyle Busch: 284K

YouTube: -Hailie Deegan: 483K
    (NASCAR): 392K
    Kyle Busch: 13K
    Ty Dillon: 4.5K
    Jimmie Johnson: 3.2K

Last edited by Nascar24; July 25th, 2019, 10:34 PM.

No shock there, she’s generating headlines, and doing all the right things with fan interaction. The challenge for her will be not buying into her own hype and not jumping ahead too fast, which so far, she seems very level headed about where she’s at. It’s yet to be seen if she can be a winner in the upper ranks, but I wish the best for her. It would be a great thing for the sport. We’ll see how she does in ARCA next year with the step up in competition.

Comment

She's got more "fight" than any female I've seen thus far. I really believe what separates male drivers from female drivers is simply a level of aggressiveness. I think females are just naturally more conservative than males, and it's hard for them to overcome that. So far, Deegan seems to be the exception.
      Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

Track time & seat time. While the Truck series might not be what it once was, I still believe it holds value for learning the other aspects of stockcar racing. Jumping right into Xfinity might give the failed results of Danica.
        "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
          Track time & seat time. While the Truck series might not be what it once was, I still believe it holds value for learning the other aspects of stockcar racing. Jumping right into Xfinity might give the failed results of Danica.
          Last I heard her talk about it, she said she would like to run full ARCA/K&N and maybe do a small number of truck races the second half of the season. I don’t think XFinity is on her radar yet, unless something has changed. I agree though, going XFinity like Danica did would be a mistake, although with Danica, I think they thought her long career of racing experience would translate better, like Stewart did when he came. He was rough in XFinity, but then went to Cup and started winning. I guess they thought Danica would be able to adapt and do well.

Comment

She probably can't do any worse than Natalie Decker has. lol. Social media = hype, only time will tell if she's the real deal, or not. lol.

Comment

If she will just take it series by series. And seat time. And keep that aggression. She will do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post
                If she will just take it series by series. And seat time. And keep that aggression. She will do just fine.
                2 years in West Series and Her Family has a house in North Carolina I think shes ready for Trucks and Might have a Ride with KBM
                #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Originally posted by SteelersFan1988 View Post

2 years in West Series and Her Family has a house in North Carolina I think shes ready for Trucks and Might have a Ride with KBM
                  Needs some ARCA time first. Then get into trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post

Needs some ARCA time first. Then get into trucks.
                    ARCA is Getting Merge with the East/west Series next year ghost
                    #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

After seeing how she struggled with the larger field of talent last night, she definitely needs to focus on running ARCA/K&N fulltime. She’s not ready for trucks. Hopefully she’ll stick to her plans and not run trucks until maybe later next year. Her teammate could run with the better cars last night, she wasn’t a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post
                        After seeing how she struggled with the larger field of talent last night, she definitely needs to focus on running ARCA/K&N fulltime. She’s not ready for trucks. Hopefully she’ll stick to her plans and not run trucks until maybe later next year. Her teammate could run with the better cars last night, she wasn’t a factor.
                        Well said. I so agree. She needs more seat time and she has plenty of time to grow better.

Comment

But remember, some drivers do well in other series that are higher than the one they're in. Johnson wasn't stellar in Xfinity, others have been better in Xfinity the they were in trucks, etc. You never know until someone has the chance. But she does need more time and I hope that Toyota properly develops her into a great driver.

Comment

Originally posted by zonilug View Post

But remember, some drivers do well in other series that are higher than the one they're in. Johnson wasn't stellar in Xfinity, others have been better in Xfinity the they were in trucks, etc. You never know until someone has the chance. But she does need more time and I hope that Toyota properly develops her into a great driver.
                            That’s true and should be considered, but it also should be noted that Johnson didn’t have top tier equipment in the Xfinity series. She has top tier equipment in hers. I think she’s got a lot of talent, but I think now that she’s getting to some bigger tracks, there’s going to be growing pains. Which is to be expected, the type of racing she started in is a different deal. To me, the impressive thing about her is her attitude. She wants to race, and that’s all she cares about. I hope she can make it, it’d be great for the sport. She has had some decent runs in ARCA, which is another thing, she needs more practice on live pit stops.

Comment

That’s true and should be considered, but it also should be noted that Johnson didn’t have top tier equipment in the Xfinity series. She has top tier equipment in hers. I think she’s got a lot of talent, but I think now that she’s getting to some bigger tracks, there’s going to be growing pains. Which is to be expected, the type of racing she started in is a different deal. To me, the impressive thing about her is her attitude. She wants to race, and that’s all she cares about. I hope she can make it, it’d be great for the sport. She has had some decent runs in ARCA, which is another thing, she needs more practice on live pit stops.
                              Couldn't agree more

Comment

Working...
                              X