K&N diecasts more detailed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K&N diecasts more detailed?

How the hell are K&N diecasts being made with more detail (as far as I can tell) than CUP series diecasts? Seen Hailie Deegans 1st cup win diecast with opening hood / trunk. (Trunk hinges)
    ​​

'Martin Truex Jr Fans' [Fb Group]Instagram

That's a good question since the ARCA cars they offered last year were HO tooling. They are charging the standard $69.99 price point for the Deegan cars though. (I miss the HOTO $69.99 cars)

Comment

The body style used in K&N matches the older Gen 6 Toyota ARC body. That chassis (metal) & detail has a retail of $69.99.
      "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
        The body style used in K&N matches the older Gen 6 Toyota ARC body. That chassis (metal) & detail has a retail of $69.99.
        That body style matches the ARCA (Venturini) cars they did last year and those were HO only tooling. The Deegan ARCA car put up for preorder the other day is listed at HO tooling and is priced at $49.99 so that doesn't make sense either. The Brandon McReynolds K&N car polled (DNP'd) was priced at $69.99 but was listed as a HO car.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisacc02 View Post

That body style matches the ARCA (Venturini) cars they did last year and those were HO only tooling. The Deegan ARCA car put up for preorder the other day is listed at HO tooling and is priced at $49.99 so that doesn't make sense either. The Brandon McReynolds K&N car polled (DNP'd) was priced at $69.99 but was listed as a HO car.
          It probably depends on what her folks/the team want offered. For that body style, they have both tooling available. She drives for two different teams. My guess is, he K&N team went with the more expensive version, while Venturini went with the HO tooling that they used previously for the lower price point. It all comes down to what the teams want offered with the available tooling.

Comment

Interesting to know that Lionel have both tooling available for K&N diecasts. I to miss the $69.99 HOTO cars.

'Martin Truex Jr Fans' [Fb Group]Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aidan2613 View Post
              Interesting to know that Lionel have both tooling available for K&N diecasts.
              Old Cup tooling.

HO is a lower MOQ of 500 compared to HOTO MOQ of 700.
              "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

They have an autographed version of the ARCA car for 74.99, but they want close to $20 for shipping, and another $4 & change for handling too (approximately an extra $25 just for shipping & handling). Jeez... lol.

Comment

Working...
                X